Two high school boys soccer players pushing and fighting each other to get controll of the soccer ball on a green turf field.

Are you wanting to play soccer at the collegiate level?  We understand that navigating the college recruiting process can be an overwhelming and confusing experience. Both the NCAA and NAIA have many rules that both college recruiters/programs, as well as players must adhere to. North Coast FC strives to help players fine tune their skills, understanding of the game, and leadership capabilities, which will help improve your chances of continuing your soccer career after you leave our fields.

A common misconception when it comes to college recruiting, is that athletes are actively pursued by recruiters and coaches, and given scholarships.  Only 2% of fUll ride, Division I players are recruited - the other 98% earned those honors by working and reaching out to schools themselves.

Lastly, it should go without saying - academics are still critical.  To receive a scholarship from an NCAA institution, as well as practice and play freshman year, incoming students must meet NCAA academic requirements. 

Below are checklists and guidelines that will assist you in your pursuit of collegiate soccer opportunities.

RECRUITING CHECKLIST

Grade 9

  • Ask your counselor for a list of your high school’s NCAA core courses to make sure you take the right classes.

Grade 10

Grade 11

  • Check with your counselor to make sure you will graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
  • Take the ACT or SAT and submit your scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
  • At the end of the year, ask your counselor to upload your official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center.

Grade 12

  • Finish your last NCAA core courses.
  • Take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and submit your scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
  • Complete all academic and amateurism questions in your NCAA Eligibility Center account at eligibilitycenter.org.
  • After you graduate, ask your counselor to submit your final official transcript with proof of graduation to the NCAA Eligibility Center.

DIVISION I ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY

To be eligible to compete in NCAA sports during your first year at a Division I school, you must graduate high school and meet ALL the following requirements:

  • Complete 16 core courses:
    • Four years of English
    • Three years of math (Algebra 1 or higher)
    • Two years of natural/physical science (including one year of lab science if your high school offers it)
    • One additional year of English, math or natural/physical science
    • Two years of social science
    • Four additional years of English, math, natural/physical science, social science, foreign language, comparative religion or philosophy
  • Complete 10 core courses, including seven in English, math or natural/physical science, before your seventh semester. Once you begin your seventh semester, you may not repeat or replace any of those 10 courses to improve your core-course GPA.
  • Earn at least a 2.3 GPA in your core courses.
  • Earn an SAT combined score or ACT sum score matching your core-course GPA on the Division I sliding scale, which balances your test score and core-course GPA. If you have a low test score, you need a higher core-course GPA to be eligible. If you have a low core-course GPA, you need a higher test score to be eligible.
11270605_722340707892549_8622980320846247288_o
64632417_2287279708065300_854736712817967104_n
160126678_3773304566129466_4385928745775807833_n

© 2021 North Coast FC | Petaluma, CA | Sonoma County's Top Competitive Soccer Club | Design by RAD Web Marketing